St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, June 14, 2012

SOO-EE SOO-EE HERE LOBSTER

Happy Thursday June 14 Speakies:

Today is best known as “FLAG DAY” which is celebrated every June 14. It is the commemoration of the adoption of the flag of the United States by a resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777. It was in 1916; President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation that officially established June 14 as Flag Day.

BLOOD TYPE AWARENESS DAY – I bet a lot of people don’t know their blood type. I found out my type when I was in the service, so if you don’t have any knowledge ask your doctor to advise you of your blood type. In any emergency you will have the information handy.

“SOO – EE” – It is Pig Callers Day that great American holiday I never knew we celebrated. Somewhere in the Midwest and Deep South Pig Callers are getting ready for their big day for whatever they do. To all those Pig Callers have a great day and a big “SOO-EE” from Joey Z.

Yesterday I missed “NATIONAL LOBSTER DAY” man how could I overlook that one. I usually only eat lobster on cruises and all the work is done for you. One day I would not mind trying a lobster feast with the potatoes, corn, clams and all that other good stuff. One more thing I need to try is a lobster roll, they look good on the Cooking Channel and I’m sure they beat a hotdog on a bun anytime.

It is also “STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE DAY” you know that spongy cake covered in strawberries and whipped cream. This one of my favorites from time to time, a refreshing and light dessert.

I’m going to run for now so have a great day and remember tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is near.



2 comments:

Mack said...

I know the words to you're a grand old flag by heart..that comes from singing it in Franklin School as a kid :))

JoeZ said...

I'm proud of you Mack. Thanks for the comment and have a great weekend.