St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, June 4, 2012

GOING FISHING AND EATING CHEESE

Good Monday Morning Speakies:


Hoping you all had a great weekend. Old Joey Z celebrated his B-Day this weekend and now is at the official retirement age with only 57 more days till zero hour at work. The State of Florida offers a combination of free hunting and fishing licenses to those 65 and older and I’m going to dig into that offer this coming week. Well it is June 2012 and guess what in this first week of June we celebrate “NATIONAL FISHING WEEK.” The kid here is ready for some saltwater fishing soon.

On this 4th day of June let’s see what kind of holidays we can raise our glasses to.

CHEESE DAY – Joey Z loves his cheeses. A nice piece of extra sharp white cheddar, a little pepperoni, a thin rye cracker and of course a nice glass of wine to wash it all down. Roe is a big fan of good sharp provolone. When I first met her provolone was not appealing to me, smelled like old gym socks and the taste lasted forever. I have grown to love that cheese now in moderation of course. Like all cheeses they’ll get you in the end if you eat too much. When I was younger I always loved good American White Cheese, now they have Yellow American and White. When I want a sandwich that calls for cheese make mine White American.

NATIONAL CANCER SURVIVORS DAY – I had bladder cancer back in 2002 and have cancer free since then. It is a scary situation to be in and the thoughts that cross your mind can be so stressful not only to you but also on the ones you love. I thank God for having a great doctor whom I still see and my wife Roe who gave me all her support and snapped me back to reality at times because I am a big pain in the ass at times and probably always will be. Thanks Hon. For my Guys and Dolls going through cancer or treatment stay positive and say a little prayer each day, he’s listening. There may be times you think no one cares but your family really does always believe in that.

For my Food Speakies it is “Frozen Yogurt Day.” I’ve tried frozen yogurt ice cream and love the chocolate flavored one. It has less calories and sort of tastes like the old time fudgesicles to me. Enough for today have a great day and as always be careful out there.



No comments: