St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Sunday, June 17, 2012

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO ALL YOU DADS AND WILL BE DADS:


Father’s Day, to some it’s just another Sunday that comes yearly; another shirt, a tie, perhaps a round of golf or a day of freedom from work around the house. I thought long and hard on this post on what Father’s Day is to me. There are some people in my life I want to remember this day starting with my own Dad. I know he is up there in heaven looking down and I want to honor him this day. When I was younger he was my Daddy, later Dad and as we grew older together I just called him Pop. He wasn’t the love and kisses kind of a father and at times he could be pretty rough on the edges but I always knew he loved me and watched over me the only way a father could. I’ll never forget him playing catch, taking me to my basketball games at Princeton University, watching me play the game in grammar school, going fishing, teaching me to swim, vacations in Wildwood and his last big chore teaching me to drive. He taught me the good things in life and there are so many little things I remember I probably could write a novel on it. I saw his tender moments only a few times the one I remember the most was the tears in his eyes as I left tor the service, it brings a tear to my eyes now as I write. He loved his grandsons and I’m glad Roe and I had children to share with him and mom. I spent his last moments with him and remember kissing him goodbye forever. Happy Father’s Day Pop, I love you.

I would like to say Happy Father’s Day to another great Dad, my father-in-law Tony. I never called him Tony he was always Dad to me. He was different than my father, always a smile, a big hello and a warm welcome when I saw him. He was type of father that was there when you needed him and he was a great help always to Roe and I. There are many things I remember of him, teaching my son the guitar, his World War II stories, cookouts in the backyard, poker games and the way he always had my number when I thought I had the winning hand. He was admired by his sons and Roe. I know in my heart Roe was special to him as his only daughter, I saw the love there and I still can hear him call her Roemary. She loved you dearly too Dad. So Happy Father’s Day to you Dad up there from the both of us.

As for me being father only Roe and my sons can be the judge of that quality in me. I know there were bad times, good times and of course my indifferent times. I look at my sons today and see two great young men who are responsible, loved by their wives and children and truly loved by Roe and me. I must have done a pretty fair job but not without the love and help of Roe.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY AGAIN GUYS, ENJOY THE DAY.





No comments: