St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, June 21, 2012

IT IS OUR DAY BOOMERS

Good Thursday Morning Speakies:


Today is great day for Guys and Dolls who are considered “Baby Boomers.” Stand up and be proud for it is officially “BABY BOOMERS RECOGNITION DAY.” Just think of it born right before or after World War II we have seen the world change so many times for good and for bad. I was little but remember my father talking about the Korean War, than those crazy 1950’s, the high school years of 60’s, Vietnam and military duty came along. Most of us got married, raised families had good times and bad and right now I guess we are in our senior years as the young ones would say. I say we have been through a lot so be recognized today and why not go out for dinner tonight and get that senior discount.

I missed one of my favorite drink holidays yesterday, “National Vanilla Milkshake Day.” When I was a kid there was a corner candy store by my grandmother’s house, called Carl’s. Carl sold everything cigarettes, penny candy, newspapers but he also had a four stool soda fountain and to me made one of the best vanilla milkshakes ever. There was a very unique taste to the vanilla which I can still taste today. I guess you say another baby boomer memory of times past.

During this third week of June we celebrate “HUG WEEK.” Remember to give the ones you love extra hugs this week but never forget the rest of the year, celebrate hugs by giving them every day it will give you that warm feeling inside and they will know you care.

Tomorrow being Friday, I may not have a chance to write, so I will wish you all a wonderful day and a great weekend to enjoy. See you next week.

No comments: