St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, September 3, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA

Today is my Grandmother’s birthday and I know she is celebrating it in heaven. Knowing her she’s listening to Polish music or sleeping in a chair with the TV set on. I spent a lot of time at her house when I was young. My parents both worked and she and my grandfather took care of me during the day. When my grandfather passed away, I kept her company over the weekends, also reuniting myself with some old friends from the neighborhood.

She never turned any of my friends away; they were always welcomed to stay for lunch or supper and at times spend the night. Granny was an excellent Polish cook. I still can see and taste the various Polish dishes she made especially her salmon cakes. My wife Rosemary still wishes today she got that recipe for the salmon cakes. My wife and sons affectionately called her “Big Nanny.”

All I can say is Happy Birthday Grandma and thank you for all the love. If I get there and I hope not soon, get that old pot out, cut those potatoes for the fries and get the salmon cakes ready. Love you and thanks for the many memories.

No comments: