St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BRING BACK WOODY WOODPECKER PLEASE

Happy Hump Day Guys and Dolls:

Hoped you enjoyed my post from yesterday it's fun sharing stuff with my faithful readers that's the reason I enjoy writing in my weird sort of way.  Let's talk movie theaters as I promised yesterday.  I received a gift certificate from the people I work with movie tickets at one of the local AMC theaters in Central Florida.  Roe loves movies and I promised her that I would go with her to the movie of her choice.  The day before we checked out the times for the movie Dark Shadows and found it to be playing at noon, so after a nice breakfast we proceeded over to the entertainment plaza to purchase our tickets for the show only to find that the movie started in 10 minutes at 11o'clock instead.  Hey great, early show out early do something else okay with me.  Now like I said in my book I never cared going to the movies always because the weirdo's of the world sit in front, in back or along side of me.  Joey Z the "Brave" will give it one more chance.

Entering the theater your path was clearly marked going past the "Goodies Stations"as I call them, yes the sodas, popcorn, candy, nachos with cheese just calling out to you begging for consumption.  I felt like pulling out a cross and expelling the demons from my sight.  I felt good passing up their callings and the prices they charge for consumption.  If you took a family of four to the movies paid for the tickets and snacks you'd be broke. As the thrifty shopper my wife is purchased 2 boxes of candy and the local WalMart for 98 cents each.

Making it past the snack line we located our theater, however as usual we both had to make the before hand pit stop.  As we entered the theater I looked like a scout searching for my territory to sit and not be disturbed by the nimyo's of the universe that may enter later.  Hell it was 2 minutes to 11a.m. how many more will enter before the show begins. We spot our seats and staked our claim.  Not many people in the theater this is good, only the sound of popcorn being chewed a few rows down by a family of four.  A few mores heads pop from around the corner wall, okay find a seat, not near me; good they pass like ships in night. All is well as the WHAT BEGINS? - TV COMMERCIALS FOR UPCOMING SHOWS.  Where are the cartoons when you need them?  This is the movies I don't want to see TV commercials that I can see at home. They finally go off and now comes 10 advertisements for upcoming movies, it's now 11:15 a.m. and no movie yet.  Finally the movie starts at 11:30 as I sit back to enjoy and in the background the crunching sound of popcorn reminds me of my younger movie days.

Thanks for letting me share my movie day memories with you, have a great day Speakies.

No comments: