St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I WANT MY TV SHOWS NOW


Good Morning Guys and Dolls:

Yesterday I was thinking and I don’t want to hear “I thought I smelled something burning” from any of you guys. TV shows, I know we have our new favorites, our old favorites and that’s what I want to write about today. We have satellite as our provider and with all the channels the Western Channel and TV Land are the only ones that provide some of the nostalgia shows from the 60’s and 70’s.

I say we need a few more channels for some of the shows I remember from that time period. Let’s call them the Detective Channel, Nostalgia Comedy Channel and You Asked For It Channel. The reason is last night one channel had the Golden Girls on all night long, now I liked the show at one time but I don’t want to see it over and over again, it has to go. Now here are some of my shows I would love to see, now you can write in and let me know your favorites also.

The Detective Channel:

77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Ironside
Bourbon Street Beat
Surfside 6
Quincy M.E.
Longstreet
Banacek

Nostalgia Comedy Channel:

The Dean Martin Roasts
The Love Boat
Carol Burnett Show
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Barney Miller

You Asked For It Channel:

The Invaders
One Step Beyond
The Outer Limits
Battlestar Galactica
The Rat Patrol
Combat
Mission Impossible

There you go Guys and Dolls just to name a few. If you want to comment or add a TV Channel of your own, we can start a list to submit to these cable and satellite guys, let’s get tough, down with reality shows and up with the past.
Today we also celebrate some holidays:
Administrative Professional Day - God Bless Them All for putting up with all that bull.
Kindergarten Day - We celebrate Kindergarten Day, in honor of Friedrich Froebel who was born on April 21, 1782 and who started the first Kindergarten in Germany in 1837. The school was built upon a series of innovative principles that used the curiosity and interests of children to guide them through song and play (which was unheard of in earlier schools); daily lessons in drawing, design, and other artistic activities; and learning through active doing and close contacts with the natural world.
National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day - Give me the plain nut any day.
Have a great day Speakies.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
I think they have been keeping many ole TV shows off the air because they want to sell them as DVDS. This seems a silly idea as I
think the more ole shows are on TV
the more popular they become and thus they can sell more DVDS of them. Hard for me to pick faves
among ole shows I like so many
including many you mentioned...
Just off the top of my head..
Welcome Back Kotter, Mash, My
World and Welcome to it, McHales
Navy, Hogans Heros, Dukes of Hazzard, Beverly Hillbillies, Taxi,
All in the Family, Alice, Threes
Company, WKRP in Cinncinati, Fat
Albert, CBS Sunday Morning with
Charles Kuralt, SCTV, Johnny
Carson, Bob Newhart (both his shows
the one in Chicago & Vermont),
Get Smart, Sanford & Son, The
Rockford Files.....:)

JoeZ said...

Good choices Mack. So many to choose from.