St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

HAPPY HUMP DAY GUYS AND DOLLS

GOOD MORNING ALL,

Well it is half-time for the working crowd this week and let it be a great day for "ya'll", that's the Southern way on saying you all.  Up North, "you guys" comes from New Jersey and in Pennsylvania people say "you'ns."  I may have spelled it wrong so if there are any Pennsylvanians out there please correct me.

The first week after Easter we celebrate "NATIONAL EGG SALAD MONTH."  I've been a fan of egg salad since I was a youngster.  My Mother and Grandmother made some mean tasting egg salad on white toast with lettuce and tomato.  The egg salad sandwich is a great summer favorite, not heavy and it is healthy for you.  My version of favorite egg salad sandwiches is as follows.  Perfect hard boiled eggs, pickle relish, mayo and ground pepper.  Mix the ingredients and serve on slices on toasted pumpernickel bread or a good Italian round hard roll.

Some holidays for today are, "NATIONAL WORK PLACE NAPPING DAY."  I caught myself napping a few times when I worked, eyes getting heavy, a yawn and then those eyes become shut and you are in dream land for a few minutes.  Take a little snooze today and make this holiday a real celebration for you.  WARNING DON'T LET THE SUITS CATCH YOU!

WORLD PARTY DAY - I'd like to think one day there will be a World Party Day but with all the hate and evil now, just seems impossible.

TWEED DAY - A tweed sports-coat was my favorite, especially if it had patches on the elbows.  Tweed hats are great and I always made sure I had one when I lived up North.  Now "Boss Tweed", was a different subject.

Today we honor "CHOCOLATE MOUSSE."  A very light and tasty dessert and remember Dolls, everyone has their own little dish to enjoy.  Good Hump Day to all and be careful out there.

No comments: