St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

HAPPY APRIL 9, GUYS AND DOLLS

GOOD MORNING SPEAKIES,

Not much to report on today, I may add a few new funny book titles for you to enjoy.  First, let's check out the real stuff for today.

NAME YOUR SELF DAY -  I am very proud of my given name.  If I had options or perhaps lived in a different time period here are a few names I would choose.  In Roman times, I would have liked the name,"MARCUS ANTONIO GLORIOSUS."  As a Spanish nobleman and protector of the poor, my chosen name would be "JUAN CASTILLO DELLA VEGA."  Give me a mask, cape, sword and a fine Andalusian horse and I would carve the letter Z on all the evil I could find, great dreaming Joey Z. 

TV GUIDE IS BORN - We celebrate the birthday of that great program finder the TV Guide, born this day in 1953.  My parents did not own a TV set until the late 50's and then always purchased that guide to find the programs being broadcasted.  I would sit there with each new weekly issue and study the shows, news articles that were published.  Now I just zip through my remote and know what is coming on.

On a somber note this month we honor "HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE MONTH."  Not only were the Jews, but many European nationalities were slaughtered in those death camps.  Horrors like this will always be remembered by many.   It is up to mankind today and always to make sure it never occurs again.

I was going to leave you with a few funny book titles, but I'll leave that up to the Zip to write about.  So I bid you all a great day and leave you with this Charlie Chan saying, "CAT IS LIKE RICH MAN'S HEIR, NEVER DIES OUT OF SYMPATHY."  



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, I think that like your family we got our TV in perhaps the mid to late 1950's because my Dad go a job with GE out on East State Street. I also remember our TV repair guy, Gordon, always coming out on his monthly visit carrying that bag with a hundred tubes, chastising my Dad to get an RCA like his. Funny cause' Gordon too worked for GE.

With the name game, as soon as I read that it came back in a flash. It was the name of a suave James Bondish character perhaps from Bond or "I Spy" and he sounded German or Swedish .. "Bengt Eric Grahn" .. he also drove some exotic Ferrari or Aston like car. Do you remember what car was driven by Agent Maxwell Smart?

Skip, just plain old Skip :)

JoeZ said...

Hello Skip:

Our TV repair guy lived and had a shop on Second St. in South Trenton. Yes I remember that bag with all the tools and tubes. He was Polish and I just can't remember his name now, he also had a Polka Band that played at local weddings. As far as Max's car, have no idea.

Anonymous said...

Joe, it was a Sunbeam Tiger. The Tiger was based on the Alpine with 4 cylinder engine like the Triumph and MG. The Tiger version of the Sunbeam had first a Ford 289 and later a Chrysler 273 V-8.

Skip

JoeZ said...

Thanks for the info Skip, you know your cars and engines.