St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, April 8, 2013

GOOD MORNING BIRD LOVERS

HELLO SPEAKIES,

It is a lovely day for all you Ornithologists (Bird Watchers).  With the warmer weather on the way, soon the Robin will be in sight for you to observe, along with all your other feathered friends.  Today is actually, "DRAW A PICTURE OF A BIRD DAY."  Great idea to do with the little ones today, draw pictures and the refrigerator is the perfect frame for them.

 MILK IN GLASS BOTTLES DAY - Do you remember those days?  I have a brief memory of my grandmother having milk delivered to her door on a semi-weekly schedule.  As I recall it was the Chambersburg Dairy Company who delivered the milk.  The tops were sealed with a paper cover which you used again to reseal the milk to keep if fresh.  Maybe somewhere this tradition lives on, if any if you readers know, please post a comment.

NATIONAL GUITAR WEEK - I've had my share of guitars around the house.  For me I have no rhythm nor musical ability anywhere in my body.  My son Jeff, always enjoyed listening to my Father-in-Law play his guitar and sing.  As Jeff grew older he took some lessons, but really self-taught himself.  He even started two bands and my other son Joey learned on his own to play the drums.  Practice for their band Jersey Duty occurred every week at our house.  They played in local clubs in the greater Orlando area and really enjoyed the experience.  Since Jeff moved away he still has his music room filled with guitars and a drum set.  He is currently teaching my granddaughter how to play the guitar and she sounds pretty good as a learner.

NATIONAL FROG MONTH - I have never seen so many frogs in my life when we moved to Florida.  We have the regular toads and one of our favorites, the tree frog. This green nightly creature  jumped all over the outside of your house and made a distinguished sound.  Once we found one in our toilet bowl, Roe took a great picture of  Mr. Tree Frog, just hanging on the inside.  So pay honor to our little friends today.

GRILLED CHEESE MONTH - Who does not love a good grilled cheese sandwich.  There are so many varieties of cheese everyone has their favorite to make a sandwich.  On our honeymoon in Aruba, Roe enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich made with Gouda cheese.  I can't recall if it also included ham or not.  My favorite is made with good old American White Cheese and with or without tomato on white bread.  Give me that sandwich and a hot cup of tomato soup and I'm in heaven.  So if it is a chilly day up North, I hope that sandwich and soup idea sounds good enough for you Dolls to make today for lunch or dinner.

That's all for me today, have a wonderful day and evening.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: