St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Friday, November 18, 2011

VICHYSSOISE OR PEANUT BUTTER?





Happy Friday Guys and Dolls:

Today is “VICHYSSOISE DAY”, cold soup to those who love it. My soup has to be hot, not even luke warm. Vichyssoise is a thick soup made of leeks, onions, potatoes, cream and chicken stock. It is traditionally eaten cold but can be heated up. Sounds like potato soup but you can skip the leeks and chicken stock for me. It was said to be made famous by Louis Diat a chef at the Ritz-Carlton in New York City. So if you are a fan of cold soup, enjoy a bowl tonight or at lunch today.

I know there are plenty fans of this next observance for November is also “NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER MONTH.” Peanut butter the favorite sandwich of every kid at heart. Honestly I haven’t had a peanut butter or peanut butter and jelly sandwich since I was a kid and never ate that many of them. I guess I was a bologna sandwich kid. The way I enjoyed peanut butter more was on Ritz Crackers or celery sticks. My son and daughter-in-law were recently in Southern California celebrating their first wedding anniversary and told me of an unusual sandwich that my son really enjoyed. There is this restaurant called Slater’s 50/50 that serves wild burger combinations. My son had a burger with peanut butter, strawberry jam and topped with bacon. He said the combination was so strange but absolutely delicious and one of the best burgers he ever had. I guess one can truly say peanut butter is not only for jelly anymore.

So today Speakies be a kid at heart, make yourself and your loved ones some peanut butter or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and enjoy. Have a great day and a wonderful evening, enjoy the weekend but be careful. See you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the best peanut butter was that fellow in the Spruce Street Farmers Market that ground the peanuts into a butter while you waited. It was like that hot bag sole at the State and Broad Planter shop but spread on a Ritz or Toll House. Of course, Skippy is my jar of choice.

Vichyssoise? You can have my bowl; especially after that "Bon-Vivant" scare of 1973 that killed a bunch of people with botulism. Campbell's beef barley is fine by me.

Skippy

JoeZ said...

Skip: My soup has to be hot not even luke warm. Never had that peanut butter from the Farmer's Market, sounds good. Have a good weekend.