St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PULASKI, PIZZA AND PEEVES



Good Tuesday Morning Speakies:

I’m in the honoring mood today as well as you should be. For today we honor that great Polish hero of the Revolutionary War, General Kazimierz Pulaski. Yes for today in the USA is General Pulaski Memorial Day. The holiday is held every year on October 11 by Presidential Proclamation to remember his death from wounds suffered at the Siege of Savannah in October of 1779. So raise up that Polish flag, grab a kielbasa sandwich and a cold Zywiec beer and give a salute to General Kazimierz Pulaski.

Now for our second holiday, drum roll please for today we honor and eat “SAUSAGE PIZZA DAY.” I have a few toppings that I enjoy on a pizza anchovies, pepperoni and onions and of course our boys the sausage. As far as the sausage goes and I have to ask before I order one is it the sliced or the crumbled sausage? I prefer crumbled sausage on my pizza; I find it covers the whole area of the pie and not placed around like pepperoni slices. Roe and I did find a good pizza place here in Central Florida; the owner is from NY and makes a good pie. You know the kind I mean, pick up a slice, fold it in half and hear it crack and the oil starts to drip down. That’s eating for me. The name of the place is Popa D’s; try it if you plan to visit. My heart still remains true to the Trenton tomato pie places like DeLorenzo’s and Papa’s but until they open down here, old Papa D’s is on target for me.

In this second week of October it is also “PET PEEVE WEEK.” If you have any pet peeves, send them to Joey Z as a comment and I will post them on my site. Leave out the political crap, I don’t care about your sex life and just keep it clean. See you soon.

No comments: