St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Friday, October 21, 2011

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS



Happy Friday Speakies:

AHHH the start of the weekend is but hours away and as usual making my quick stop to wish you all a great one. There are a few holidays to raise your mugs to this weekend.

REPTILE AWARENESS DAY – I can tell you a true story that happened to Joey Z back in May of this year. Coming from my car in the parking lot at work to the main entrance, I opened the door not looking as usual when something caught the corner of my eye. It did not look like the regular snakes I usually see, this one was a 4 foot Diamondback Rattler and I’m lucky I did not feel it’s fangs go in me. That is a picture of the big guy you see.

MOLE DAY – This is a holiday celebrated among chemists on October 23, between 6:02 a.m. and 6:02 p.m., making the date 6:02 10/23 in the American style of writing dates. It’s also the scientific formula which defines the number of particles in one mole of substance. So chemists raise your glasses high to Mole Day.

Have a great weekend all. By the way to all my Speakies who have Mother-In-Laws, you got it we honor her today. Listen to the little song in her honor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, we had a guy nailed by a Timber Rattler in Tuckerton a few weeks ago. He felt sorry for the poor little snake in the road so he picked up a small stick and tried to shooooooo it; so it nailed him. The pines have two types of rattlers.

Back when I lived in Washington Crossing I found a nest of baby Copperheads in our garden. Told wifey to be careful but she dissed me saying there were no snakes in Jersey. Uh hun? Sooooo, I caught one and put it in a huge coffee can with a sign ... "Do not open this can because there could not possibly be a Copperhead in here", plunked it on the table and waited for her to come home.

Skip

PS, henceforth she believed me. Yeah, I got the book and "keyed it" so I was sure. Somehow I am amazed that we manage to survive despite ourselves?

Anonymous said...

If you find two in your yard .. one for Joe and one for Roe?

Hissssssssss & Hearse

Skip

I know, behave and get back in the corner.

JoeZ said...

HOPE SHE NEVER OPENED THE CAN. THANKS AS ALWAYS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, THEY ARE GREAT TO READ.