St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, October 10, 2011

COLUMBUS SAILED THE OCEAN BLUE



Good Monday Morning Speakies:

Hoping you all had a great weekend and for those Speakies off today because of Columbus Day you sure are lucky stiffs, so enjoy the day off. For a little grey matter knowledge Columbus Day first became an official state holiday in Colorado in 1906 and became a federal holiday in 1937.

On this second week of October we celebrate some holidays, but I would like to mention only a few. It’s “SPACE WEEK”, people always ask you what did you take up in school, my answer was SPACE, baroom boom. I have my views on Space, down here plenty of complaints about closing the various programs at the Kennedy Space Center. Here is my view we went to the Moon in the 60’s, haven’t gone anywhere else except to fix and deliver supplies to the space station, it is now the year 2011. If the space program was to expand to visit other planets we should have been there by now. With the failure of so many launch delays it sure cost us tax payers tons of money, besides that if there are beings out there, they don’t want us up there screwing their world up like we did ours. Amen to that.

NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH WEEK – I’m all for providing each child with a good hot meal for lunch, down here some schools even provide a nice hot breakfast to start the kiddies day. I remember my grammar school days; I usually went home for lunch being I lived only 2 blocks away. If I had lunch in school it was usually a packed lunch, but on Fridays the Polish women in the cafeteria whipped up the most delicious mac and cheese with touches of crushed tomatoes. My mom got the recipe from one the ladies she knew and made it for us at home. Roe has since mastered the dish as my boys were always big mac and cheese fans.

That’s enough of me yakking for now, have a great day and as always be careful out there.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:))
I love NASA and agree with your comments about it. We used to look thru my brothers telescope in our Burg yard when the space shuttle came over the house, it was awesome:))

JoeZ said...

Thanks Mack for your views, we watch the shuttle lift off from our backyard, the night launches are something. Never saw one in person too much traffic and people.