St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

PEPPERS, TACOS AND BALLOONS TODAY



Happy Tuesdays Speakies:

Hope you all are having a good start this morning and Happy Birthday and Anniversary to my Guys and Dolls celebrating theirs today. All right lets jump right into food. In this first week of October we celebrate “NATIONAL PICKLED PEPPERS WEEK.” I love my peppers, those yellow, green and red bell peppers used to make steak and sausage sandwiches. Good munching peppers like the sweet Banana Peppers, Cherry Peppers (sweet or hot) and those Pepperoncini peppers. In salads I like to use the hot and sweet cut peppers in a jar, adds just the right flavor to your greens. So if you are a pepper freak like me start munching today. Forget the pickled eggs in a jar on the bar.

There are a couple of holidays to celebrate today:

BALLOONS AROUND THE WORLD DAY – I say go out to one of your local grocery stores or party supply places buy a helium filled balloon and let it go, can you imagine if everyone did that, that surely would be balloons around the world. Were you one of those evil kids that broke little kids balloons with a pin or the kid that had to break all the balloons after a party? Come on confess up, well Joey Z was a good buy and never did that. Me thinks.

NATIONAL TACO DAY – I keep bring up food that I love but this kid has to watch his sodium intake as I’ve had a buildup of fluid on my lungs, so some of my favorite food treats will have to disappear only now enjoyed as a passing memory. I’m not here to talk about me, its tacos whether you like them soft shell or hard shell today is the day to eat them. When I ate tacos, I liked mine filled with ground beef, lettuce and tomato and topped with medium sauce, sometimes hot sauce that depended on my mood. We have to say thanks to the guy or doll who invented that hard taco shell that’s wider and stands up so you can pack more ingredients in it.

Enough for today, have a great day and I’ll see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In retirement, it gave me an excuse to drive down to the old neighborhood for a visit to the Farmers Market and my last stop was always the sandwich stand across from and owned by the Eye-Tie (Italian People's) bakery folks across the way.

They made a superb sausage and peppers and onion sandwich or occasionally roast pork all heaped with yellow and red peppers. It became a tradition with my son and when he came home a few weeks ago we were off for sandwiches only to find empty stands.

What makes a grown man cry? :( :(

Skip

To save my life, I could not make decent fried peppers and onions and Lord, I have tried. A bit of oil and butter or ??

JoeZ said...

Skip: A little good virgin olive oil, fry those peppers and onions up. Whip up some eggs mix it with the peppers and onions, a nice hard round roll, maybe a little ketchup and enjoy.

Mack said...

Italian and Mexican food rocks:)