St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, October 13, 2011

EGGS AND BEER WILL MAKE YOU TOOT MORE


HAPPY THURSDAY GUYS AND DOLLS:

I hope you all had a pleasant evening and ready to start a brand new day. Get ready today for it is “TRAIN YOUR BRAIN DAY.” And now Joey Z is going to fill you in with some history to retain in your grey matter for future passing to those little tykes should they ask.

1775 – Continental Congress orders construction of a naval fleet.
1860 – First aerial photo taken in the US from a balloon in Boston. – Trying to find those lost lobster pots.
1944 – US 1st Army begins the Battle of Aachen in Germany.
1947 – Kukla, Fran and Ollie premiers on the tube – I remember them.
1960 – Pirates Bill Mazeroski’s bottom of the ninth homer beats them Yankees in game 7 of the World Series. Saw that one on TV.
1963 – “Beatlemania” starts after the Beatles appear at the Palladium.
1981 – Vice President Hosni Mubarak elected president of Egypt – I bet he was sorry he took that job.
1982 – The OIC restores 2 gold medals from the 1912 Olympics to Jim Thorpe. That’s it from brain stuff today.








Today is also “World Egg Day.” I like eggs scrambled, over medium, hard boiled or a nice omelet with ham, cheese, peppers and onions. So if you are a fan of eggs let’s eat them up today. In this second week of October it is also “American Beer Week.” I was never a big fan of beer, but I grew a taste for it over the years. I’m not a fan of dark heavy beers; I guess one can call me a pilsner man. I loved those little green 8oz bottles of Rolling Rock Beer but cannot find them down here. I’m fan of the old time beers, Schlitz, Ballantine and Piels Brothers Beer with those guys Bert and Harry Piel. I’m afraid they no longer exist but I hold a dear spot in my heart for them. So today Guys and Dolls drink a few brews, eat some hard boiled eggs with them, but keep the air clean inside and break wind outside. Have a good one.

No comments: