St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, June 9, 2011

TO BEST FRIENDS





Happy Thursday Guys and Dolls:

Do you know what today is? In the Land of Holidays today is “BEST FRIENDS DAY.” I wrote a part of this from another book I was writing but I thought I would like to share some of it with you today. Did you ever have a wish to go back in time to a part of your life if only for a day or a weekend? I do and I would go back to any weekend from 1962 to 1965 while I was in high school. I’m recalling the weekends I spent at my grandmother’s house and reunited with a great bunch of guys. She lived on Home Ave. and around the corner was Beatty Street and there lived my buddy Lou a tough guy half Italian and half Hungarian. Down the street lived my cousin Tommy and across from him lived Richie. We all seemed to reunite one Friday night at Lou’s front porch, just shooting the breeze, some of us smoking the cigs and all of us checking out the girls as they passed by. We formed a band that night and with each weekend our friendship grew becoming like brothers to each other. We would go for tomato pies at Sam’s on a Friday night, play basketball at the church lot on Saturdays and walk downtown to a movie that night and even go to church on Sunday. We had fun doing everything we wanted plus trying to meet all the girls we could.

Lou was the protector of our group, strong and did not take bull from anyone, Tommy my cousin was the joker, always coming up with wise cracks that made us all laugh and always kept a smile on our faces. Richie was the shy and silent type but a steadfast friend to each of us. As for me, I was just trying to be me growing up and thinking what life had in store. Along the way we adopted my friend Jack from high school, his brother Jim and another guy from the neighborhood good old Ralph. Jack loved hanging with us over the weekend that he made a point of missing the last bus on Saturday night so he could spend the night at my grandmother’s house. Good old granny never cared and always treated him like another grandson. I could probably write a book on the “BEATTY STREET BOYS” alone who knows maybe one day I will. To me life was simple then, a kinder world to live in and friendships that are hard to find now a days. As the years passed we each went our separate ways but recently, I have been in contact with Lou and Tommy, I’ve heard from Richie and maybe one day we could all hear from each other.

I cannot forget another best friend and that is my good buddy Joey G. who I worked with for a number of years. In fact two weeks ago he and his lovely wife Kim spent a week with Roe and I and we all had a ball. Joey is like a brother I never had and as long as I’ve been away from NJ our friendship has never wavered. Thanks Joe for being a good friend.


I think that will wrap it up for today and with that let me add one more thing, “bums are with us each day trying to be friends; but best friends come around only once in a while.” Have a great day.

No comments: