St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A NO HITTER, THE WEATHER AND MORE FOOD

Thursday is Here Speakies:

And a grand day it is for us Philadelphia Phillies fans, a first victory and a no-hitter thrown-in to boot. It was a great game to watch, I caught the game when the Phils scored their runs and when I turned the game back on only then did I realize Halladay was pitching a no hitter. I sat glued to my chair as he pitched the 9th inning and recorded that final groundout. Keep it up guys.

A beautiful morning here in Central Florida, sunny and temps in the upper 50’s. Now this is the weather I love. Highs will be in the lower 80’s by the afternoon and should remain that way throughout the weekend with no chance of rain. It’s a great time to visit Florida.

My son has informed me that he was located a place locally that claims it has real Chicago Hot Dogs, we will be heading over giving it a taste and a full report will be filed. Like I said I never had one and probably the best are served in Chicago, but I need to try a dog with all that stuff on it. Roe made a new batch of chicken soup and man is it good, thin noodles, carrots, chicken, hearty broth and just the right seasoning. I’m having my second bowl for lunch today and yet I managed to save her a bowl for her lunch. Speaking of food my mouth and brain just received a message “GOLABKI”, that’s right stuffed cabbage and my need to have some soon. My granny and mom made great stuffed cabbage and it was usually served with mash potatoes and beets as the vegetable. I won’t be having those anymore but I can still see them in my mind. My son Jeff made stuffed cabbage one day for Roe and I and his was very good; Roe made some also and they were tasty. I have to get both of them on the same wave length and have the perfect golabki made and eaten. As far as grannies go, my mom’s mother made hers with tomato sauce on top, my father’s mom made hers dry no sauce. Granny Z made a good stuffed cabbage also as I recall.

Well I’m getting hungry so I think I’ll stop writing for now. Have a great day, enjoy and be careful out there.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Halladay is a total beast:)

JoeZ said...

He was at top form yesterday.