St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHOCOLATE TREAT TODAY


Good Thursday Morning Speakies:

Hoping you all had a great evening and ready to begin a new bright sunny day. I was thinking we will need to have a history lesson pretty soon, those kids will be asking you questions and your face will look like a deer caught in headlights if Professor JoeyZ does not fill that grey matter with a little knowledge.

Today we celebrate “NATIONAL CHOCOLATE COVERED INSECT DAY.” I checked out the web and there are a number of places to order chocolate covered bugs. I always imagined chocolate covered ants were like a Nestles Crunch Bar but never had the nerve to try the ant chocolates. I may have a new idea for these bug candy companies; Florida has a great abundance of fire ants and for those who do not know about fire ants here is the story. You are working in the back yard and you see a mound of dirt beware there the fire ant lives, just kick the mound and out come hundreds of nasty biting little creatures and if you are bit your skin will burn and itch, then come little blisters that last for days so beware of the fire ant. So if you are a fan of chocolate covered insects today is all yours and fill up that belly of yours.

My son Jeff and I watched several food shows that featured eating roasted insects and bugs and he is the kind of fearless food taster that would give anything a try. Better you than me Son, I stick to the things I know.

Well Guys and Dolls have a great day and remember tomorrow is Friday that work day we love the most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pass on the ants thanks! I did have a great breakfast last week at the place by the Airport tucked in by the nursing home. Scrapple and runny eggs and good home fries. It was extra crispy on the outside.

I wish I could go back to the time I wouldn't even take an Advil but the meds are part of .. never mind.

Skip

JoeZ said...

I don't like real runny eggs, but love to dip that toast in the yoke. Talk about meds I'm on a bunch too.