St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, October 4, 2010

IF IT'S MONDAY IT MUST BE CRUMB CAKE

Good Day Speakies:

Good, bad who cares Monday is here again, another five days of work unless you are on vacation or retired. Well the Eagles played up to their potential yesterday with a loss to Donovan and the Skins. The baseball playoffs are set and I’ll be rooting for those Phils. I hope you all had a nice weekend and did some fun stuff.

This morning while having my coffee, I had one of those Drakes crumb cakes, those 2 little cakes that come in a pack. I had a taste for crumb cakes so I purchased a box. As I was eating them, a flash from the past hit me, Paramount Bakery on Beatty St. in Trenton. My grandmother use to send me there Saturday mornings for fresh rye bread and crumb cake. Now they had crumb cake, it was light and airy loaded with crumbs and the taste was out of this world. One piece of that cake was the size of a large slice of Sicilian pizza. You guys from Jersey know what I mean. There’s another favorite of mine I could go for now a slice of Nino’s Sicilian Pizza. We use to get ours from Nino’s on Chambers Street. The place was a converted metal diner they also had great cheese steaks and fries. There are a few things I most about the old home town and Jersey one is the food and the other is heading down to the shore and strolling the boardwalk and finally going fluke fishing.

Well Guys and Dolls have a great day, enjoy and be careful.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
The corner of Beatty and Genesee.
Paramount bakery had the best birthday cakes too:)

JoeZ said...

Mack those small bakeries and specialty stores had everything great and there was a variety of them, just look at the Burg with the bakeries and deli's.