St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

KOOL-AID AND CATFISH BUT DON'T FORGET THE ICED TEA


Happy Hump Day Guys and Dolls:

The day that balances the work week is here, we can now officially say are on the downside of the work week. The weather here continues to be hot, humid and wet and probably will remain that for the rest of the week.

Today we celebrate that holiday we all remember as kids “Kool-Aid Day.” Now my Kool-Aid never came in an ice filled glass pitcher with a nose, eyes and a big smile more of a plastic pitcher filled with that sugar flavored powder, water and ice. To tell the truth I was never a big fan of Kool-Aid.

Iced Tea was my favorite summer drink growing up. I remember both my mother and grandmother having a big pot on the stove filling it with water and about 2 dozen Lipton tea bags firing up that gas stove and waiting for that water and tea bags to boil. After the tea was brewed I can still hear those words, “wait till it cools.” Mom and Granny would get the ice tray out of the freezer bend that handle back to crack the ice cubes free and fill the glasses with ice. Speaking of the glasses, they used the regular clear glasses but I remember those aluminum glasses in blue, red and silver. Now they kept the tea nice and cold. I still wish I had a few of those around today just as a keepsake. I could swear both my mother and grandmother must have made about 3 pots of tea a day. My Dad was another iced tea fanatic. Today I just grab one of those little tubs of tea, Peach being my favorite, fill the container with ice and water, give a little stir and I have my tea ready. Funny thing I always have to have a glass on the night stand and when I awake, take a nice sip and back to dreamland I go. So pour yourself a glass of ice cold Kool-Aid or Iced Tea, sit back and remember your childhood days of how Mom made yours.

Now no ideas for dinner tonight, well JoeyZ has one for you. It is also “National Catfish Month.” I never ate catfish till I moved down south. Those farm raised catfish are great breaded and fried, some fries and cole slaw tops them off. So there is a hint for dinner tonight. Have a wonderful day and evening gang. Happy Birthday to my Guys and Dolls celebrating theirs today and many more.

No comments: