St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

COMMERCIALS I LOVE AND HATE, DO YOU?

OK SPEAKIES: Let’s unite against those forms of advertising we call TV Commercials. I wrote about commercials in my first soon to be published book. Have to admit some are really good and some of the latest I’m seeing are just down right stupid. I’m going to list a few of the new ones good and bad. To make this fun add your comments and send me your favorites and the ones for the toilet bowl. In no particular order of good or bad I present:

On Line Booty Call – I’m sure you have seen this one, here is a guy on his knees proposing to some girl after one date, along comes this guy and kicks this poor sucker sending him 10 feet further down the lawn. He now states he is the president of On Line Booty Call and a member. Now this is the comment that gets me, he says, “Did you know marriage is the leading cause of divorce.” DUH, JUST LIKE YOUR COMMERCIAL.

The $5.00 Lunch with KFC – You’ve seen it, one poor boob is eating a sub, with a bag of chips and a soda, the other 2 guys are eating their $5 KFC grilled chicken dinners with a side order, biscuit and a drink. The commercial would not be bad but when the 2 guys with the chicken start poking fun of what the other guy paid and got less, this gets me. If I were the other guy, I would take my drink and pour it on both those bozo’s.

One commercial that really touches the heart is the one of all the pets at the SPCA and their plea for help. Brings tears to your eyes to see those dogs and cats.

OK I gave you all a start, lets go, list those commercials you hate or love. Post those comments.

4 comments:

Mack said...

I liked the Geico Caveman.
I like the free credit report.com
singing.
I like Flo (The girl from the progressive insurance ads).
I liked Billy Mays RIP.
And then theres Shamwow Vince.

JoeZ said...

Shamwow Vince is a real carnival type salesman.
Love Flo
Thumbs down on the Cave Boys
Hate those eyeballs on top of the cash.
I listed some in my book, hope to get more replys. Thanks Mack

Speaking of Commercials is Reedman's still around in PA?

Mack said...

Reedman is still there in Langhorne
PA, now called Reedman-Toll Auto World:)
I liked the original ads for Great Adventure (never called 6 flags
by my joisey generation).
I remember the actress that played
a witch in the wizard of oz was
in a coffee commerical.
And of course HOLY COW its Phil
Rizzuto for the Money Store:)

JoeZ said...

We still call it Great Adventure also. Thanks for the Reedman's info. I remember when the Beatty St. Boys went to Reedman's one night I got in an Austin Healey and could not get the door open, a salesman followed us all night long after that.