St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A LITTLE FOUNTAIN OF WHISKEY SOURS TODAY

Hello Guys and Dolls:
whiskey-sour.jpg image by wakeupcrew

Welcome to Hump Day.  Joey Z and Roe are awaiting the delivery of our new recliner sofa.  Our old chairs and sofa are so hard to get up and out of we decided to purchase a power sofa.  Found a very good price and with Roe's bargaining talents the sofa was secured in our favor.

Here's a very important holiday today, "LESS SALT DAY."  I really learned a lesson from being in the hospital back in July about salt in-take.  When I was working I had those freezer dinners or a can of hearty soup not caring what the sodium content was.  Roe kept harping on me about it however I always fought back saying "What else am I suppose to eat."  To me making a salad or eating yogurt was not my thing.  Well Speakies I finally learned my lesson while in the hospital and really started to control sodium intake.  My weight dropped from 185 to 157 and I'm feeling better than before.  Sodium watching is not for every one but if you have a heart condition or retain fluid consider it, it may save your life.

NATIONAL VETERINARY DAY - Let's honor a great medical profession that takes care of those pets we love so much as family members.  I know our late Luee was treated always with the best of care by our veterinarian at Dr. Abby.  Abby was a school friend of both my sons and one day when I took Luee for his checkup she was there.  I never knew that she had chosen that profession but Luee loved her attention.  The day I had to put him to sleep she was there and made the whole passing much easier.  Here's to all the Vets in the world, thanks for a great job.

For the drink lovers today is "WHISKEY SOUR DAY."  I remember whiskey sours being a favorite drink back in the late 50's and throughout the 1960's era.  I know my Mom had them at weddings or at dinner affairs.  To tell you the truth when I went to New York City where the age to drink was 18, I always ordered a Whiskey Sour.  So sour drinkers, get all that stuff ready when you get home, shaker, ice and of course the sour and the whiskey.  Have a great evening.

I may not write tomorrow as I have a busy schedule.  Thanks for understanding.

No comments: