St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

TAKE YOUR PICK TO CELEBRATE TODAY


Happy Wednesday Speakies:

Hope you guys in Trenton are thawing out from all that snow and ice I read about yesterday. I read the Trentonian every day on line and there are some strange stories happening up there. I guess every city has its crazies to contend with, Florida is no exception we probably have the most in US.

I was going to give you all a history lesson today to impress the little one but there is not much happening in history today so I thought we’d celebrate some more holidays on this 19th day of January, so let’s get started. Some of my favorites today are:

HAT DAY – I remember as a kid seeing practically every guy wearing a dress hat or cap on a regular basis. My Dad always had a nice felt hat to wear to church or when he got dressed up to go out. He also had one of those winter hats for work with the ear flaps. Today if I see a guy wearing one of those caps, carrying a rifle and wearing a life preserver I’m backing off far and I mean far away. As a kid I had one of those wool caps, baseball caps and my dress hat was a British racing cap. Loved those. How many guys of my age had the hat in the picture of this post, come on guys don’t be shy I know you did.

TIN CAN DAY – We can celebrate honoring tin cans or Navy destroyers take your pick.

PENGUIN AWARENESS DAY - Those funny little friends of ours dressed in tuxedos. The cutest little furry creatures around. I bet they could get pretty nasty too.

NATIONAL POPCORN DAY – Can’t really have the kind of popcorn I love, just plain popcorn with loads of butter, the kind you would get in the movies in that big bucket. Now its watch your fat intake and cholesterol. Hey Skip do you remember the 10 cent popcorn machine in Willets? You had to put the bag over the opening insert your dime and out came the popcorn.

Grab a drink and toast your favorite holiday today but most of all enjoy the day and be careful.

4 comments:

Mack said...

J & L Caps 925 South Clinton Avenue
They were there from the 1950s to the 1990s I think. Bought a few hats there:)

JoeZ said...

Mack: I bought some from J & L, most of mine came from Frizzel's Men's Shop on Beatty and Broad.

Mack said...

Hi JoeZ.
Thanks for telling me that.
I had no idea Frizzels Mens Shop
sold hats. You learn something new every day:)

JoeZ said...

Those places are gone forever Mack.