St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

HAPPY HOLIDAY MR. AND MISS PHARMACISTS


Happy Happy Hump Day Guys and Doll:

Not much happening around here today so far, I see my readers in New Jersey and along the East coast are going through another snow storm. I really don’t miss that snow and ice one bit.

There are a couple of birthday wishes today. Born this date in 1935 “The Amazing Kreskin” and in 1944 Philly’s own Joe Frazier, you’re next Joe, you’re next. I would also like to extend “Happy Birthday” to all my Speakies celebrating theirs today.

We have a holiday to observe today and I would like to say thank you for a job well done with prompt, courteous and caring service to Leslie and Mary our Pharmacists here at Target in Central Florida. Today is “NATIONAL PHARMACIST’S DAY”, that day we honor all those pill pushers. Leslie and Mary are the sweetest and most professional pharmacists Roe and I have had, their understanding and service is impeccable. Now we’ve had some real grouches in our days of pill taking and I won’t mention what particular drug chain these peddlers of pills practiced their trade. I remember the days back in Trenton; we had a local family owned pharmacy called Episcopo’s. You would go in, drop off your prescriptions, talk to the old man he would answer any of your questions and if you wanted the pills delivered they were. Those good old days I fear are gone. I say Happy Holiday to those dedicated Pharmacists who practice the true meaning of their profession and make our lives a little easier when we are sick.

I also remember when I was little; we had two doctors the Franzoni Brothers who had their practice on the corner of Brunswick Ave. and Spruce Street. You were sick you went in no appointments they took you. I remember the many times I had a bad cold or flu, after hours, Dr. Carl Franzoni would come to the house to see me. My temperature was taken and I still can hear his famous words, “Roll over and pull your pajama pants down.” The next thing I remember was getting ready for that needle filled with make me feel better medicine making a direct hit into my butt cheeks. I bet you remember those days and those needles too.

Have a great day Speakies and take those pills if you got them.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
I see your comments about the good Dr Franzione, god bless him:)

We sorta split between Episcopos and Seigels as our local drugstore before the advent of the drugstore chains. BOTH are still in business
as I write this:)

JoeZ said...

Glad to see they are still servicing the Burg and Villa Park areas. Those big chains could be a pain at times.