St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

OUR CHRISTMAS DAY


Good Morning Guys and Dolls:

I hoped you all enjoyed reading about the way I spent Christmas Eve as a youngster, it was fun recalling all those memories. When Roe and I got married we shared Christmas Eve between my parents and hers. With all her brothers, their wives and kids her parent’s house for Christmas Eve was packed and it was a more festive atmosphere being that my family was smaller. Now being Italian their meal was also meatless. I remember having smelts, shrimp, broccoli patties, flounder and French fries. After dinner there were always desserts and then came playing poker.

On Christmas Day, Roe made a breakfast brunch for her parents. She made a delicious breakfast quiche with eggs, sausage, peppers and other great stuff. She still makes it today and it’s great for breakfast, lunch or dinner for me. We stayed home on Christmas Day, my parents, grandmother, my aunts, our good neighbors Mike and Lena would come over to spend the afternoon and enjoy the day and the food Roe made for the holidays. I remember ham, kielbasa, those rum balls, cookies and some food that just slips my mind now. It was a nice time for all of us to gather and have fun.

When our sons were born Christmas became very special, the waking up early, the excitement in their eyes to see all the gifts under the tree, the pictures of them opening their gifts and the look on their faces when they saw their presents from Santa. They played all day long with their new toys; once in a while a little fight broke out amongst the brothers but that was to be expected. We use to bring the toys over to our neighbor’s house to wrap and keep until they went to sleep on Christmas Eve, then rush over to pick them up and place them under the tree. Of course I could not forget to put out that half a glass of milk and cookies crumbs that Santa enjoyed while paying our house a visit. Now that they are both married I wish them and their families the same joy on Christmas Day.

Hope you are enjoying my little trips down Memory Lane, for me it’s the fond memories I have and my hopes for having many more to share. I Love You Roe, Joe and Jeff thanks for making it happen.

Have a great day Guys and Dolls.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dziekuje Pan "Z".

Skip

JoeZ said...

Pan Skip - Jestes Welcom

joey said...

those were good times. Thanks dad. I love you too!!!!

JoeZ said...

Thank you Joey, Love you very much and proud of you and Jeff.

Unknown said...

That is a nice story about X-mas. I haven't tried the rum balls yet!!! Roe...lol

Merry Christmas to you dad!

JoeZ said...

Elizabeth: Thank you very much, I'm glad you guys are coming for Christmas Eve and there are rum balls ready for you to eat. You will make Mama Roe happy. Love, Dad.

Rosemary said...

Great memories...

JoeZ said...

Thank you Dear.