St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

IS IT HIM OR HIS HERO?

Happy Hump Day Guys and Dolls:

Hoping you all had a pleasant evening and will enjoy today and live life to the fullest. Last night Roe and I attended a social dinner at Olive Garden for her Sheriff’s Citizens Alumni Association. We both love the Pasta e Fagioli soup, nice and hearty but what to have for dinner was a tough choice. I like Veal Parm but they don’t make that dish at the Olive Gardens here. I’ll tell you my dinner choice later in this blog, keep you guessing for a few minutes.

Today is the anniversary of the TV premier of the Lone Ranger back in 1949. As kids in those days we did not have many TV heroes like today’s kids. Let me see if I can remember some:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto – Hi Ho Silver
Zorro – The Fox
Gene Autry
Roy Rogers and Dale Evans – Was not really a big fan of Old Roy.
Sky King – Out of the desert sky comes Sky King.
Hopalong Cassidy – Can’t remember too much about Hoppy except for that big hat he wore.
Sgt. Preston of the Yukon – Always got his man.
The Cisco Kid and Pancho – OH Pancho, OH Cisco.
Wyatt Earp
Ramar of the Jungle (My Old Time Favorite), just to name a few.

Then as I started to grow a little older came James Bond, Matt Helm and Our Man Flint movies. On TV we had the Man from UNCLE, I Spy, 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Have Gun Will Travel, Gunsmoke, Bonanza and too many others to mention. To me those were my kind of hero shows.

Suppose you could be a hero, what would you be and what would be your name? Pretend, just like Dom DeLuise as Captain Chaos in the Cannonball Run movies. I gave this a long thought and I’d like to be:

“LANCE LARSON, MAN OF MYSTERY”, of what kind of mystery I don’t know. Well Speakies don’t be ashamed send me your hero name. Until then Lance Larson over and out.

By the way my dinner choice was the never ending pasta bowl and I chose Angel Hair with Marinara sauce, I have lunch now also as the pig in me ate 2 bowls of soup. Roe picked her favorite, Eggplant Parm with a side of fettucini in garlic butter sauce and mushrooms. Have a great day Guys and Dolls and be careful out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you pretty much hit them all but I just remembered Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges. Sgt. Preston was an all time favorite along with Jim Bowie but IMHO, the tops was Sky King.

Let me hit you with perhaps what was our first "Action Adventure" show? Winky Dink? Getting Wink out of jams with crayons on the Magic Screen? Except for the time that Winky needed a birdge to get away from the doers of evil and I couldn't find the screen. Mom was not happing having to get that crayon off but I was crying "But Mom who was going to save Winky".

Rags & Crusader actually formed the foundation for Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Skip

JoeZ said...

My wife always talked about Winky Dink, I never saw it or can not remember it. Rocky and Bullwinkle great show. Forgot about Sea Hunt.
The Rifle Man was another good one.

Anonymous said...

Joe, as a year older, Winki may have been on as a daytime kids show. I remember being about four. We lived on Olden at about the base of the second bridge.

I'll bet you were in school when it aired.

There was a short lived action show that I liked a lot. "Lincoln Vale of The Everglades" which was probably filmed where your house sits? I think he was some sort of Florida officer who got to pound his beat in a real cool air boat, catching poachers, Indian grave robbers and other villains red handed.

Skip

JoeZ said...

Never heard of Lincoln Vale. I remember on Saturdays watching Andy's Gang with Froggy. One of my favorites later was Fractured Flickers.