St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BASEBALL, RAIN AND CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL


Happy Wednesday Speakies:

I guess all you NY Yankee fans are happy today, they made it into the playoffs. I think it’s going to be a rough road to win the pennant this year a lot of good teams seem to be making the initial round. I watched that special on PBS last night about baseball very good, part two is on tonight. In one segment they showed this little boy in the Dominican Republic playing baseball with a piece of wood with a carved out handle as a bat. Those kids play every day in hopes of getting into the professional level even if it is the minor leagues. Roe and I visited the Dominican Republic on a cruise and one could see baseball fields everywhere and tons of kids playing baseball. I guess desperation to make a better life is a fire that burns within each of those kids.

Tons of rain yesterday in Florida with more on the way today. Tropical Depression 16 right now is 110 miles south of Marathon Key and moving north. Some areas along the eastern coast received as much as 7 inches of rain yesterday, flooding is possible today. That’s the latest on Florida weather. So to the tourists visiting the Sunshine State you are going to get wet till Friday.

My son told me of another Philadelphia Cheese Steak and Hoagie joint in Orlando called Briantos, going to have to give it a try and file my full report in the near future. They are listed on the web so check them out if you are planning to visit the Orlando area.

With this rainy weather I could go for two meals I love, Chicken Soup and Chili. Roe makes a great chicken soup and surprises me with the type of noodles she puts in, I never know what they will be but the flavor and taste is a true chicken delight. I call her chili “The Man’s Chili” she makes it with potatoes and various other ingredients turning the chili into a spicy dish.

I’m going out to lunch today to celebrate a co-worker’s birthday and I have to think of what I want to eat, so have a great day Speakies and be careful out there.

No comments: