St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SOUP ME AND SAY THANKS




First Hump Day of the Year Speakies:

And let me tell you there are plenty more to come this year. I hope you all are back in the swing of things so let’s check some stuff out for today. There are lots of monthly celebrations in January so let’s check some out.

NATIONAL SOUP MONTH – I love soup for lunch being it’s easy to heat up in the microwave at work. There is one drawback that I have to watch and that is the sodium count in those cans so it is becoming difficult to choose the right lunch to eat. Now I’m going to name my favorite kinds of soups, homemade of course. Chicken noodle with fresh pieces of shredded chicken, carrots and that good broth that Roe puts together. Roe loved my Mom’s Pea Soup; she had everything in there with a good pea broth, nice and thick almost like a stew. Tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich on a cold night can’t be beat. Potato soup warms me tummy on those chilly days and another favorite is that Italian Pasta e Fagioli. Roe and I differ on the temperatures of soup, she likes hers warm and ready to eat, mine has to be hot. How could I have forgotten this favorite sodium filled soup, French Onion is a real treat for me. Let’s move on to another topic, I’m craving French Onion soup right now.

NATIONAL THANK YOU MONTH – A habit that seems to be disappearing recently in my view. I’ve noticed when driving I signal the other driver to go and not even a simple wave of the hand. Opening a door for someone is a hit and miss with a Thank You. I was raised to say Thank You always when someone did you a favor, open a door or gave you a gift. So take a little advice from Joey Z and start practicing saying Thanks and start to teach those little ones too.

Have a great day and be careful out there.

No comments: