St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

LOLLIPOPS AND SUMMER NIGHTS


Good Day Speakies:

Tuesday is upon us and today we celebrate “NATIONAL LOLLIPOP DAY.” You can call them whatever you like, lollipops, pops, suckers or a dum-dum. They come in all kinds of flavors to suit anyone’s taste. You can’t forget those Tootsie Roll Pops you know those hard candy lollipops filled with that chewy chocolate Tootsie Roll inside. Man you had to suck those things for hours before you got to that tootsie. I also remember those lollipops that had a loop stick instead of the straight kind, can’t remember who made them but they were good. Personally I was never a fanatic fan of lollipops or chewy candy. To those Speakies out there who are true lollipop fans and I’m not forgetting you Roe Dear (she loves dum-dums) enjoy those pops today and for that fact any day you want.

Watching the news last night there is a heat wave spreading across the US. When I was a kid I always thought it was hot in the summer and the things we did to try and keep cool. I spent a lot of time at my grandmother’s house because my mom and dad worked all day. I can remember the firemen coming around several times a week and opening the fire hydrants to cool all of us kids off. It was like a battle to get near the water but it sure felt good to get drenched with that cold water.

Ice pops were always a good choice to smooth the mouth during the hot weather or running after the ice truck man and asking for a piece of ice as he delivered to the bars. I liked taking a bath after dinner and than loading down with talc powder to keep you dry during the night. In those days we all sat on the front porches at night watching the people walk by or just listening to the old ladies chatting in Polish and trying to figure out what they were saying. We had the ice cream man come around, along with the waffle guy and there was a pizza truck too. Those are some of the fond memories I had as a kid and I’m glad I had those times to share with the ones I loved.

Have a wonderful day Speakies and maybe tonight sit outside and have a lollipop or an ice pop and remember your childhood days on those hot summer nights.

2 comments:

Mack said...

I dont remember any mosquito truck coming around in the Burg but I remember it at my cousins house in
Ewing township...we chased it down
the street of course:)

JoeZ said...

In the summer down here they are in our development practically 3 times a week.