St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

GREETINGS FROM A 3-DAY WEEKEND

Good Morning Speakies:

I love 3 Day Weekends but going back to work sucks. The weather down here over the weekend was no sunshine, cloudy and rain, I'm sure a few BBQ plans were ruined and maybe some firework displays also. I did catch James Cagney on Sunday in Yankee Doddle Dandy, great film and I highly recommend it for viewing. Best if you can catch it on Turner Movie Classic Network, no commercials the only way to watch a good movie. Roe and I spent a relaxing weekend and yesterday I just had to have a Publix Sub, ate half and I'm looking forward to lunch time today.

I hope all of you had a great weekend, drank your suds, ate those dogs, burgers and ribs but mainly just had loads of fun. There was one idiot story here this weekend. I caught this one on the local news. A stepfather started shooting at his stepson, he didn't like the way the kid was shooting off fireworks so he went to his house got his 45 and started blasting away, lucky no one was injured. Come to find out this bozo had too many suds to drink and God only knows what else.

Well it's going to be short and sweet today, I have some research to do, so have a great day, see ya soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And at the cost of .45 ACP ammo today, a full clip? Heck a man can buy a 12 pack of tall boys for that dough.

I remember on the 4'th and New Years all of the hunters in the old neighborhood coming out with the 12 gauge and blasting off "the double barrel" to celebrate.

Those were the day indeed Joe. We knew and trusted folks. My buddy Joe J. and I would walk down the street with our shotguns .... past Bugdal's Market on our way over to "The Woods" behind the Farmers Market and Notre Dame. I guess we were about 15. No police came and no neighbors got upset ... imagine today if two kids walked down Olden Avenue with open shotguns (no shells in sight and the breech had to be open) ... there would be SWAT within seconds. We hunted deer, crows and bunnies back there.

Glad you had ... well the rain sounded nice to my ears! Jersey has been very hot for weeks now. Today will be about 100 and this is the earliest I remember summer coming on early and strong. We missed spring up here?

Welcome back! Skip

JoeZ said...

Thanks Skip, I remember seeing the fireworks from the Fair Ground from our front attic window. I'll see if I can send some of this rain up there, it's pouring again outside, the problem afterwards it's muggy again.