St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

WHAT A WAY TO START A DAY

Hello Speakies:

Tropical Storm Ida struck the Mobile, Alabama Bay area late last night, I hope the damage was not severe and the residents are doing fine. The storm will bring rain to Florida and start extending northward later in the day. Be careful traveling and always keep your eyes peeled for the other guy.

Today we celebrate:
Area Code Day – I remember the good old days just a few numbers.
Marine Corps Birthday
National Young Reader’s Day

I’ll share a hospital test story with you today. This morning I had a CT Scan scheduled at our local hospital for 8:30 a.m. with an arrival time of 6:30 a.m. I knew the early arrival time was for drinking that awful stuff they call contrast prior to the test. Well I was up and at them at 4:00 a.m. shaving, brushing teeth and showering. Today was also garbage day so that went out before I left. I got all my stuff ready for work, my soup for lunch, my little ditty bag that holds all the necessities of day and with 5:30 on my watch I headed out. I arrived at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. a little early, but if I get in there’s a chance I’m out earlier. Once checking in at the reception desk, I was ready to begin my adventure. Out comes a technician with 2 bottles of a clear liquid advising me I must drink both. With stomach starting to turn I opened the first, took a swallow, not bad, no taste just like ice water, drank that one down with one more to follow. At 6:00 in the morning I rather have coffee than ice water and the second bottle was half finished and dumped. I was finally taken to the ready room as I call it, the place you receive your IV needle and finish off another bottle of wonder water. Having bad veins it was a struggle to set the IV but finally a young nurse with ice cold hands kept pounding my arm trying to find a vein. Success at last she said as she set the IV needle into my hand. Now she said, “Please drink this other bottle of contrast before the test.” I did my best but could only down a 1/2. I proceeded to the testing area and all went fine. I was happy to be on my way, looking forward to a large cup of coffee and some cookies at work.

May your day be pleasant and happy Guys and Dolls and I maybe back later if I don’t fall asleep.

2 comments:

Mack said...

I hope you are OK Joe.
These medical folks need to
work on those drinks they give
folks before tests to get them
to taste more like a Margarita!

JoeZ said...

Fine Mack it's a yearly preventive scan, I had bladder cancer 7 years ago and they had to remove everything. I like your idea about the booze flavors.