St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, July 16, 2009

VIEWS

Good Morning Speakies:

I not only try to post funnies, my view points, history lessons and the such but try to inform you about points of interest you and I might share. I’m an amateur buff on World War II history. At times I feel reincarnated from that era, but however I am a Baby Boomer so that possibility seems highly unlikely. My Dad started me on this stuff, he served under General Patton in Africa during WWII and told me plenty of stories when I was a wee one.

I have enjoyed reading about WWII and watching movies and historical programs regarding the subject. Just this morning I received a view notice from Turner Movie Classics on a film I haven’t seen in years. Here are a few of my favorite movies and if you like, go ahead and send me your favorites.

Gung Ho – I don’t mean the one with Michael Keaton and the cars.
Guadalcanal Diary
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
Destination Tokyo
Air Force
Those are just a few of my favorites so add yours on, let’s get a list going. For you readers out there here are two good sites, one is on the German U-Boats and the other the Imperial Japanese Navy, loads of information and pictures to boot. Good Reading for hours.

http://www.uboat.net/

http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm

2 comments:

Mack said...

One of my favorite books on the history of that era is The Rise
and Fall of The Third Reich by
William Shirer. It is packed with
information as Shirer was THERE at
the time. I HIGHLY object to Shirer's attacks on Germans AS A RACE a few times in the book even though I am not German as that sort of indicates he isnt learning
the lessons on the other pages of his own book. That being said,
Shirer a very good writer and witness to history.

JoeZ said...

Thanks Mack, let's see if we have other interested readers out there to post their comments. Have a great day.