St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, March 3, 2011

HAPPY HAPPY NUTS


Good Day Guys and Dolls:

Thursday is upon us and it is a beautiful day in Florida, so if you are down here on vacation and reading my blog have a great day and enjoy the weather too. Today is “BE HAPPY DAY”, don’t worry be Happy, Woo Woo Woo Woo Woo, that old Jamaican song. Personally I prefer a little Harry Belafonte, “Jump in the Line.” Just a little advice from JoeyZ try to be happy and have a nice day and just maybe you’ll make some people around you happy too.

I did not know this it is also “NATIONAL PEANUT MONTH.” I love peanuts even though I should be eating the unsalted kind I crave those salted babies to eat. Now regular peanuts are not the only ones I like and here is my list of other nut family members I like to eat:


Whole Cashews
Pistachios
Brazil Nuts – which were actually found in Bolivia first.
Macadamia Nuts
Walnuts
Chestnuts – I tried them one time can’t remember the taste, Roe likes them. When I hear the word I start singing the “Christmas Song”, chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
Boiled Peanuts – I saw those when I was in the service but they always looked disgusting to me. One day at work we had a giant bowl of hot boiled peanuts and I tried some and did I like them, just sucking out those babies from the shell. Have to buy some soon they are always being sold on the road down here.


Nuts in general reduce the risk of coronary heart disease so don’t be afraid to grab a handful and chuck them down. A cold beer or your favorite cocktail would be a nice match with them too. When I was younger and Trenton was a nice town to visit they had a Planter’s Peanut Store on Broad St. The smell of the roasting nuts brought people to the place like the Pied Piper took those rats out of town. I can still smell those nuts today and in the winter the smell seemed stronger and the pigeons also liked hanging around the joint. I also remember as a kid at Christmas everyone had those nut baskets out on the coffee table, filled with walnuts and all the varieties of nuts that were available to munch on. I guess this just turned into a nutty day, have a great day and a nutty night.

No comments: